BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] After MediaPress upgrade: "The privacy policy does not allow you to view this."

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Richard Foley on #12832

hi Brajesh,

I have a major issue on my site having upgraded from MediaPress 1.3.0 -> 1.3.2 -> 1.3.3

1. All the images on the main feed disappeared, completely.

2. I then rolled back to v1.3.0 and the images in the feeds re-appeared, but not when opened. Regardless of where I try to open an image from, main feed, member feed, photo/gallery page, I get the same error now:

The privacy policy does not allow you to view this.

I am suspecting there is some kind of hard-wired mis-match via the taxonomy going on, related to the upgrade. As you can appreciate, this is highly frustrating for the site. Any helpful suggestions appreciated.

R.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #12833

Hi Richard,
    My apologies for the inconvenience. We have enforced the privacy support for each components in 1.3+

In other words, The privacy level must be enabled for the component.

After upgrading, Please visit Dashboard->MediaPress->settings

and make sure the privacy is enabled in general tab. If it is, then it will be available on the members Tab/Groups/Site wide. Make sure it is checked.

If the privacy level is not enabled on general, please enable it and save the settings. Once you do that, you will need to enable it for each of the component.

Please give it a try.

regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #12837

hi Brajesh,

that was it, all good again now (PHEW!).

I expect that will catch out a few other people, so it’s a tad clunky as an upgrade (with no warnings).

However you saved the day and many thanks for the *very* prompt response!

Cheers 🙂

R.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #12838

Hi Richard,
    Thank you.

I am sorry for the issue. I did specify it in changelog but I should have posted it on blog or might have specified it in better way. Will keep that in mind in future.

The goal was to avoid the issue from happening on new installs on future. If you are on a new install, It won’t allow to upload unless the privacy level is supported for the component and will save a lot of trouble.

Thank you for the patience and using MediaPress.

Best Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #12839

hey Brajesh,

I’m sure the goal was a good goal 🙂

It’s just that end-users appreciate the “principle of least surprise”. Being a developer myself, I know that’s easier said than done. Your users should also appreciate your really quick response times and helpful assistance. People probably don’t say this enough (as I also know).

Kudos for a really great plugin!

R.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #12840

Thank you for the understanding and the kind words Richard.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] After MediaPress upgrade: "The privacy policy does not allow you to view this."’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved