BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Ajax Registration, Member Types & Auto Join Groups question

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Janet B on #35399

Thanks for the great work. Continuing to navigate some details.

When adding a user via Ajax Registration, the default Role (set via WP) is ‘Subscriber’.
    In Member Types Pro, the Member type of ‘test’ has an Asssociated Role mapping to ‘Subscriber’, although this seems to work opposite of what I was looking for and new users do not have their member type set by it, as expected.

However, I also have the reverse mapping set in Settings | Member Types to set the member type to ‘test’ for each user of role ‘Subscriber’ but again, the Member Type never gets set.

Finally, it has a rule to join users Member Type of ‘test’ to a series of groups. I suspect this would auto-join users with Role ‘Subscriber’ to the desired groups if the Member Type was set.

Syncing at this point will join the user to the groups.

Please advise.

Janet

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #35401

Hi Janet,
    Thank you for the post.

1. The member types auto assignment on activation is not tested with the Ajax registration plugin. Can you disable the ajax registration plugin and check the default registration?

2. Or, can you please try using the member type field in registration and see if that works?

Please let me know your findings. We will look into the ajax registration and auto assignment of the member type.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Janet B on #35406

Thank you – Without an alternative registration mechanism I’m not clear on how a new user would be setup. Do you mean manually?

I’m also not sure how to assign the member type field during registration.

Janet

• Participant
    Janet B on #35408

Update: users added manually do set the Member Type correctly based on the Role and the Groups are Auto-Joined as expected. For the moment, it appears that Ajax Registration is not compatible.

Janet

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Janet B.
  • Participant
    Janet B on #35415

Do you anticipate a fairly quick fix for this issue or should we pursue an alternative means of registration?

Janet

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #35423

Hi Janet,
    BuddyPress comes with a default registration page. For the time being, Please visit Dashboard->Settings->BuddyPress->Pages tab and see if the registration page is assigned. You can use it for the time being.

We will be looking at the ajax registration conflict with member type on registration and adding an update this week.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Janet B on #35532

Please advise on progress with this issue.

Janet

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #35534

Hi Janet,
    Thank you.

I had a look at it but I am not sure of the issue yet. It seems to be a member types pro conflict.
    Is there any chance that you are using a member type field on registration?

Also, are you able to use the default registration page or not?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Janet B on #35539

No – we are not using any member types pro fields.
    I haven’t tried the default registration page. I was waiting to hear about the Ajax issue – I don’t want to have people trying to use something that is still in flux.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #35551

Hi Janet,
    Thank you for the details.

We will be assisting you and providing you an update with a proper solution for this witing next 24 hours.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Ajax Registration, Member Types & Auto Join Groups question’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved