BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] allow frontend editting of blog post for users

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    RISHABH GOEL on #9584

hello,i am using budddypress with colormag theme . i am facing a problem.when any user posts a blog and wants to edit it , it is redirecting to the wordpress dashboard which i dont want.i want the user to allow editting on frontend instead of backend.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Brajesh Singh.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #9593

Hi Rishabh,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.
    Are you using BuddyBlog for front end blog feature?

• Participant
    RISHABH GOEL on #9594

Yes sir i am using buddyblog

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #9595

In that case, Please visit settings->BuddyBlog and you can put the capability of which users are allowed
    to edit from the dashboard.

By Default, admin,editors etc are allowed.

• Participant
    RISHABH GOEL on #9598

There is one option called “which capability can edit post in backend(wordpress dashboard) and its mention publish_posts” should i change it to anything else and to what. I want the user to allow editting on the frontend only not to visit dashboard

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #9602

Hi Rishabh,

Please use “manage_options” to limit that to admin only. If you do that, It will show the front end editor too the users.

It still does not prevent users from logging into dashboard though. You will need some code or plugin to do that.

• Participant
    RISHABH GOEL on #9603

manage_options is not working. Can you please help me with the code or any plugin u were talking about. I really need help

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #9604

Are you checking it as admin?

• Participant
    RISHABH GOEL on #9605

Checking it where?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #9606

I mean, are you logged in as admin and trying to click edit links on profile? It will redirect to the admin dashboard screen.

After updating the capability option, Please log in as normla user/author and visit your profile and click edit link. What it does then?

The topic ‘ [Resolved] allow frontend editting of blog post for users’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved