BuddyDev

Search

Anonymous Post Plugin

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Daniel on #48088

Hi guys,

I wanted to ask if it will be possible to modify the code to show the posts also to other users when a user clicks to post anonymously on his wall or mentioning a user or reply to a post? I would find the plugin this way more useful because the user doesn’t know that if he posts on his wall anonymously that other users cannot see the post but only himself?

Thanks for your update.

Regards
    Daniel

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48097

Hi Daniel,
    I am sorry, I am not sure I understand it properly.

Please help me understand it a bit better.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Daniel on #48103

Hi Brajesh,

I have installed and tested the plugin yesterday and I found it a cool plugin. But I don’t understand so well the rational how it works, therefore let me explain the current situation:

When a user posts something on his own wall and he selects to post it anonymously, then the post shows up with the anonymous profile pic and Anonymous username instead of his own username and his own profile pic which is great, but to all other users the post is hidden, only the user who posted it can see it. That means, there will be no interaction on this post for other users to comment on the anonymous post because they can’t see it. – In my view it would make more sense if other users also can see the anonymous post, so they then can comment on the post and select if they want comment anonymously or not, which could become kind of cool, right?

Thanks for your opinion.

Regards
    Daniel

• Participant
    Daniel on #48104
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    Daniel on #48107
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48109

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved