BuddyDev

Search

Anonymous Posting Plugin for Activity Feed

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    April Buscher on #34195

So hey,
    My Activity Feed using the BuddyBoss theme is still posting the name of the user. I did apply the two codes recommended on the Anonymous poster plugin and it works fine in the forum (Posted by Anonymous) but it is still using the User’s name in the Activity feed. I do have the following code in the bp-custom.php

<?php

add_filter( ‘bp_anonymous_activity_enable_forums’, ‘__return_true’ );
    class BBP_BuddyPress_Activity {
    }
    ?>

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #34206

Hi April,

Thank you for the post.

The BuddyPress Anonymous Activity plugin is not compatible with BuddyBoss platform/theme. One of our developers did work on adding compatibility but the way BuddyBoss uses emails/templates etc, It is very difficult to add make things anonymous via a 3rd party plugin.

I will ask my team to recheck the current state of support for BuddyBoss and get back to you on Monday.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    April Buscher on #34305

I must admit I am happy it works in the forum even though it may not be 100% anonymous. The project I am working on allows my users to post freely anonymously through online journaling. My issue is that it was made for the activity feed and the feature is available there without a promise to post anonymously. I wouldn’t mind removing it from the feed if necessary and just using it in the forum. Getting it to work in both areas would be a win-win. Will check back later to see if you have any other suggestions.

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #34364

Hello April,

Try the following in your bp-custom.php file and let me know if it works or not

/**
     * Modify modified activity action for groups
     * @param string               $action Modified action.
     * @param BP_Activity_Activity $activity Activity object.
     * @return mixed
     */
    function buddydev_modify_groups_format_activity_action_activity_update( $action, $activity ) {

if ( function_exists( 'bp_is_anonymous_activity' ) && bp_is_anonymous_activity( $activity->id ) ) {
    		$action = $activity->action;
    	}

return $action;
    }
    add_filter('bp_groups_format_activity_action_activity_update', 'buddydev_modify_groups_format_activity_action_activity_update', 10, 2 );

Regards
    Ravi

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved