BuddyDev

Search

Any way to migrate media from rtMedia to MediaPress?

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Vanessa Law on #21630

We have a legacy rtMedia system with many many photos, and are exploring whether we can move to MediaPress. Ideally we’d like a wordpress command line command to migrate and create media press galleries for all of the photos members had uploaded in rtMedia.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #21633

Hi Vanessa,

Thank you for the question.

At the moment, we don’t have the option for importing from RTmedia.

MediaPress does have built in API for importing WordPress Attachments or any local/remote file as gallery media
    https://buddydev.com/mediapress/media/import-wordpress-attachment-mediapress-gallery/
    https://buddydev.com/mediapress/media/importing-file-mediapress-gallery/

Writing a file importer should not be a difficult task(for someone who understands RT Media data structure), keeping the activity from the RT media is something we are unsure of(It will need a lot more time to understand their association).

RT Media supports both media and album and I am not sure if they support nested albums too. I and my team currently lacks much familiarity with it to put an importer.

It is on our wishlist but a bit low on priority(Before we write an importer, we will need to understand their schema and a few more things).

I am not sure if we can help you with it currently. I am sorry about this.

• Participant
    Vanessa Law on #21635

No worries, thanks for getting back to me. It’s not an urgent item from our side right now.
    The specific intent was to ensure that albums carry over to albums correctly, we hadn’t considered activity.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #21643

Thank you.
    We will look into it in next few months for future.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    theodor Snarum on #25195
    This reply has been marked as private.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved