BuddyDev

Search

Anyway to avoid "Repeat password" and "Username and Name" double field?

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    imborx on #22966

Hi,

I would like to make my register form as easy as posible. I check that there’s two fields password (default and repeat). Is there any way to just set one field for pass?

Also, it ask for the username and name (at least in buddypress). Would be posible to make both things the same withouth ask the user to fill in both fields? Just to use username or user (buddypress uses both fields but would be really nice if the user fill in one field, the other will be the same… like “michael / @michael

Thanks!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
  • Participant
    imborx on #22981

Hi Brajesh,

In my case I would like to hide username and use full name, because if the full name is hidden… the users won’t have the option to change it in his base profile fields on buddypress, right? So would be awesome if you could use the full name and pre-fill username (so if you change full name in the future, username should be changed to?)

Thanks!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #22989

Hi,
    1. Auto generating username is feasible. Making it based on display name is a bad idea as there will be many people with similar names.

2. Disabling editing of first name:- Yes, you can use our plugin BuddyPress Non Editable Profile field to mark a field as non editable and user can not change that.

I had done the auto generation of the username for one of our clients . I will find the snippet and share.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    imborx on #22991

Hi Brajesh,

1. If it is posible to auto generate username and it’s a bad idead to get it based on display name, how it’s posible to generate a username in a proper way (not randomly)? What’s your idea?

2. That’s a good point!

Thank you!!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #23011

Hi,
    1. Can you please tell me what is a proper way in your view? For the client, we used random 8 digit number prefixed with some site specific code to generate the username.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved