Search

Arrange member in member pages based on member type

Tagged: ,

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    kumar on #39871

Hi,
    @brajesh

I see BuddyPress has a member-type creating feature but I want to arrange people based on its member type, I mean all the members with member-type x in one place and members with member-type Y in one place, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Also, I am using nouveau template

Thank you

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39887

Hi Kumar,
    Thank you for the questions.

Are you using a custom BuddyPress theme? Most of the BuddyPress theme support member types as tab. Otherwise, you can use our BuddyPress Member Types Pro to add member types as a separate tab on the members directory.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    kumar on #39913

Hi,

Brajesh, thank you for your reply.

No, I don’t want to show member types in a separate tab, I just want to fetch all the users who belong to the certain member type with the help of a code.

Like in the All member(which is the default) tab, the first row has all the members which belong to X type, and then after the second-row Y type and like that.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39917

Hi Kumar,
    I am sorry, I regret our inability to assist you with it as it will need more than 30 mins and we do not provide free support for anything taking more than 15 mins.

Here is a tip though. The member types are taxonomy terms and the user objects are added to the member types just like posts.

so, if you are able to find the code for sorting posts by taxonomy terms, you can apply the same for users with slight modification.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    kumar on #39922

Okay, @brajesh

But It will be helpful if you could provide me a direction or any BuddyPress function to fetch users of specific member types that would be helpful

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved