BuddyDev

Search

Assigning WordPress Roles Based on BuddyPress Member Types

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Mike (DesignServe) on #24620

Hi Brajesh,

1 – If I assign some Roles to a Member Type, will this automatically assign those Roles to Users who already have that Member Type? Or do I have to make some other change somewhere?

2 – If I do the following:

– Assign Role A and Role B to Membertype1
    – Assign Role A and Role C to Membertype 2
    – Give “john” Membertype1 and Membertype 2

Does John get Roles A, B and C?

Many thanks,
    Mike

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Mike (DesignServe) on #24624

I realised that:

A – We can assign Member Types from the backend User editor. That’s great. It assigns the Roles.

B – A User can’t have more than one Member Type, so my second question is not relevant.

Is it correct that a User can only have one Member Type? I think it makes a few adjustments to my strategy but that’s fine I can use xprofile fields or taxonomies for what I need.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24626

Hi Mike,
    Thank you for the question.
    John will be assigned role A & C. Roles are not added but reset to the one assigned by member type.

A user can have more than 1 member type. If you are using BuddyPress member Type field, you can see that option.

The problem is the UI. BuddyPress supports multiple member type but other than profile field, BuddyPress UI dos not support multiple member type option.

If feasible, I will suggest sticking to single member type to avoid confusion.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved