BuddyDev

Search

Associate a gallery with a post ID

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    ndh01 on #34880

Hello,

I’m wondering if it’s possible to associate a gallery with a Post ID? For example I want to display a gallery on a single post and allow users to upload to that gallery too.

Thank you

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #34881

Hello,

Thank you for posting. Gallery in itself is a post. You can use shortcodes to achieve your goal. Try something like this.

To list gallery media use shortcode

[mpp-list-media gallery_id=137]

And to upload media to this gallery use

[mpp-uploader gallery_id=137]

Please let me know if it helps or not. To allow other users to upload to this gallery you can use following plugin

https://github.com/mediapress/mpp-global-shared-gallery

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    ndh01 on #34895

Ravi,

Thanks for the examples, however I want every post to have a gallery that is available to upload to. Similar to how you have a gallery that is associated with each BuddyPress group and member, but I want this for each single post as well. Does that make sense? I could manually create a gallery for each post then display it via the shortcode, however that would be impossible with over a 1000 posts. I’d rather hook into via code to enable this if possible.

Thank you

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #34917

Hello,

I am sorry, MediaPress is not suitable for your use case. It will need lot of changes to accomplish what you are looking to achieve. I will suggest avoiding MediaPress for it.

Regards

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved