BuddyDev

Search

Attempting to subscribe again but PAYPAL sucks

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Kelly Brady on #51926

Trying to buy (again) a 1 year subscription to your User Badges premium plugin. It’s a shame you use Paypal which is the worst ecommerce provider in the world. They are bad for customers AND for merchants, but they are (I guess) very easy to implement for people with limited technical skills. I’m always surprised when a software solutions company uses such an unsophisticated, lowest-common-denominator solution when you’d think they have the technical chops to implement something better in 2024. You really ought to be using Stripe.

In any case, my perfectly valid credit card, which I use multiple times each day was declined. I used it an hour or so before my attempted purchase, and I used it twice since my failed attempted purchase. No problems. The billing address, name etc I provided was correct, and will pass AVS testing.

Since I can’t successfully renew this plugin, I’m engaging a development team to write a new plugin from scratch (with a few improvements). After testing, we’ll be releasing it as open source.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #51931

Hi Kelly,
    Thank you for using our plugins in past.

You have the right to have your opinion on PayPal or our technical skills. But your opinion is just your opinion for us. When we started using it in 2009, It was the only one viable solution. Yes, there are better solutions for last few years but we do not plan to use stripe currently. We are evaluating a merchant of records that can handle taxes on our behalf.

I am sorry for your experience. We have always ensured access to our products if we received any message about such issue facing payment or any reason a member is unable to pay. We haven’t received any message from your end till now. We are here and will be glad to provide access if you wish so.

If your last message is aimed as some kind of warning, Please feel free to copy any of our plugin you want to do so. All our plugins are opensource and GPL licensed and we do not restrict people from using any no. of times, selling or do whatever they please. The updates and support is what we require payment.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved