BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Auto badges re number of posts

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    demonboy on #26308

Hi,

I like the idea of adding badges to BuddyPress but I wanted to know how flexible it is in terms of assigning badges automatically. Specifically I wanted to know if you can set badges up to automatically appear if someone has contributed ten replies or more within bbpress, or created a topic in a specific forum, that kind of thing… I’m using a forum where I’ve received badges for using an emoji, got mentioned in a post, added a link to another topic. I’m assuming these are automatically assigned because to do this manually would take an age.

Cheers

• Participant
    demonboy on #26309

Ooops – that was supposed to have been posted in the badges support forum.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26315

Hi,
    The badge plugin does not support automatic assignment. If you want to do it, you will need to write custom code to accomplish it.

The badge plugin only supports manual assignment as well as role/member type based assignment.

Regards
    Brajesh

PS:- I moved the topic to relevant forum.

• Participant
    demonboy on #26327

Hi Brajesh, thanks for confirming that. A couple of other things I’m unclear on. Is this only role based or can I manually assign badges to individuals? And where is the interface for doing this? Is it done under Users in the back-end? I couldn’t work this out from your screen shots.

Thanks.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26342

Hi,
    You can manually assign badhge to users.

1. Please create some badges from Dashboard->Users->badge
    You will see the option for Custom Badge there.

2. Once you have created custom badge, please visit Dashboard->Users and edit any user’s details. You will see the badge option at the bottom as checkboxes. Select the custom badges you want to assign and save.

That will assign the badges.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    demonboy on #26348

Gotcha, thanks for that, Brajesh.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26366

You are welcome.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Auto badges re number of posts’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved