BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Auto-Friend Not Working

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Emma Loggins on #36433

I just purchased the Auto-Friender Plugin – and it isn’t working for me. I want the two members in the screenshot to be automatically added as a friend to all accounts (global).

Screenshot: https://www.womensbusinessdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Screen-Shot-2021-02-25-at-10.35.05-PM.png

I’m using PaidMembershipPro along with BuddyBoss and PaidMembershipPro’s add-on for WooCommerce as that’s how I’m currently selling memberships.

Can you help?

Thank you!
    Emma

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #36451

Hi Emma,
    Thank you for purchasing the plugin.

The add to friend works when a new user registers. The above setting from your screenshot will add the 2 users as friends of any future user registering on the site.

It does not work on already existing user. We are working on a tools section for this plugin to allow admins connect members without user’s involvement. That will work and sync with existing users too. It will be available in 2-4 weeks though.

Please try registering a new user and see if it works or not?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Emma Loggins on #36452

That’s the way I expected the app to work. But I created a new user (purchased a membership subscription through WooCommerce which creates a new member) and these two users were not added as friends.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #36453

Hi Emma,
    Thank you.
    I see the issue. In the current version we have pus a flag for the user_register action and by default it is not used.

If you are comfortable with code, Please put this line in your theme’s functions.php

add_filter( 'bp_auto_friendship_pro_enable_on_user_register', '__return_true' );

We will set it to true by default in next update.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #36455

Also, I can push the update within 24 hours if you are not comfortable with the code.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Emma Loggins on #36476

Added this to the functions file in my child theme and it worked perfectly – thank you! 🙂

Thank you

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #36497

Hi Emma,
    Thank you for the reply.

I am glad it worked.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved