BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Auto Friendship Pro: SMTP Error When New User Becomes Friends

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Known-Admin on #46832

Hello,

After installing Auto Friendship Pro, I get the following error when a new user registers and they become friends with the person who invited them:

Parameter 1 to EasyWPSMTP::init_smtp() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/urknownc/stage.ur-known.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 307

If you need credentials to check out the issue, please let me know.

NoNAdmin

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #46833

Hi,
    There is a problem with your smtp configuration or plugin. When user’s become friends, a mail is getting sent(by BuddyBoss/BuddyPress). That is causing the error.

Please check.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Known-Admin on #46844

Hello,

First, I want to say that I love the fact that friendships are made at account creation time! Some users do not realize that they need to friend the people that they invite. This solves that problem.

What I see as a result of the error recorded:

When a NORMAL friendship request is processed, the email contains first and last names. When the friendship is created at ACCOUNT creation, only the first name is shown. This can be a real problem when the first name is a very common name.

It may be the order in which items are processed? The friendship request message appears before the New Member Registration and Welcome to your new account messages.

It looks like the email message goes through, however, the user’s last name is not being processed.

Can I send you the images that I captured so that this makes more sense?

I know that BuddyBoss will not address this as their code is working properly for the functionality that they provide.

Also, I noticed that the user who sent the invitation does not get an email or notification of any kind that the new account user has become their friend. Is this an effect of the error or is it not something your plugin does?

Thanks, NoNAdmin

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #46905

Hi Dianne,
    Thank you for the feedback.

is it about Invitee/inviter friendship?

We will investigate, It is quiet possible that the hook we are using is being called earlier than the time BuddyBoss sets xprofile fields data.

I will get back to you on Monday.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Known-Admin on #46908

Hello Brajesh,

Yest it is the Invitee/Inviter friendship. – NoNAdmin

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #46927

Hi Dianne,
    I am sorry for the delayed reply.

1. We do not send any emails. The emails are generated by BuddyBoss.

2. Please visit Dashboard->Settings->Auto Friendship and in the first time, Please untick “User Registration” while keep the User Activation ticked. That would fix the issue with friendship being created before their actual welcome/activation email.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Known-Admin on #46929

Hello Brajesh,

Great suggestion. That seemed to work. Thank you, Dianne

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #46930

You are welcome.
    I am glad that it worked.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Auto Friendship Pro: SMTP Error When New User Becomes Friends’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved