BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Auto join groeps Auto List error

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30505

Hi Peter,

The user registering from backend is different than the user registering from the front end.

We use profile fields/member types to take decision where to add users. When you register from the backend, the profile fields/member types are not available for that user. That’s why we do not execute our actions.

If someone registers from front end and activates their account, our activation routine will run and add user to groups.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    peter on #30517

Hi Brajesh,

Got it, thanks. For now I am fine for my use with the manual sync function.

Maybe in the future you can add the auto join user function from the backend to the plugin.

You have written already the code: https://buddydev.com/add-new-members-buddypress-groups-automatically/

🙂
    Unfortunately I am not a developer.

Regards,
    Peter

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30538

Hi Peter,
    Thank you.

We can add it easily, the problem is setting expectations. If we get a few more request on the same line, we will add it.

The problem with this approach is site admins will ask for some way to add data on dashboard registration and so on. That’s why we have limited to front end.

Regards
    BRajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Auto join groeps Auto List error’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved