BuddyDev

Search

Auto join groups on user account activation

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Hugo Callens on #34719

I would like to control new memberships manually. I have created conditional groups and set apply group lists to “user account activation”. Default status of new users is “pending”.

So a new user will only be added to a group when as an admin I change this status to subscriber, am I right?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #34725

Hi Hugo,
    Thank you for the question.
    What is pending? Are you achieving it by using some plugin like BuddyPress registration Options? or is it the case that user’s did not click on their activation link?

The BuddyPress Activation happens when:-
    – A user clicks on the activation link and submits the form
    – Or a user has not activated their account and the admin uses activate button from the context menu in admin users list

On these two actions, the user will be added to the group.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Hugo Callens on #34737

We are using Buddypress registration. When people register they get the “Pending” status. We would like to review the registration and then manually approve or dispapprove it. Whe napproved thzy should be automatically added to a group.
    Is that possible?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #34744

Hi Hugo,
    Yes, It will work, it does not matter who activates the account.

My question is, how do you plan to disallow users from activating their own account as BuddyPress sends email to them on registration.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Hugo Callens on #34747

At his time, when a user registers s/he only creates an “pending” account without access to BP groups. Once registered an admin changes role to subscriber and decides wether to add the new subscriber to a BP group or not.

Using the auto join groups plugin we hope to automate this second step: when we change role from pending to subscriber the person should automatically be added to the BP group(s) of their choice.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #34755

Hi Hugo,
    Thank you for the details.

The plugin currently triggers on following actions:-

1. On User account activation
    2. On User Profile data update
    3. On member type Update

Except this, the plugin does not triggers. In other words, changing role will have no effect unless one of these 3 actions take place.

We can explore adding support for role change as a trigger in near future if that will help you achieving your goal.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved