BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Auto Join not working for new users

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    nrcm on #41886

I have set up a new field which is a text field that is mapped to the auto-join group equal to that value.

The field is mapped via the registration form which has been created with Fluent Forms and all works as expected it populates the extended field yet when adding a new member they are not auto joining the groups, but, if we click on the sync button it adds them…

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41888

Hi,
    Thank you for purchasing the plugin.

The plugin triggers on BuddyPress Account Activation if you are using Xprofile fields and BuddyPress profile Update(not individual field update via programmatic means).

From your details, It seems that Fluent Forms is updating BuddyPress fields.

Does their free plugin allows settings up this? If yes, Please let me know and we will test and add support for it within 2 working days. If no, we will need access to the plugin to add support.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    nrcm on #41889

Hi yes, Fluent forms allow us to map to the extended fields perfectly as it adds the data in as expected.

When I look at the user’s status after registration, it looks as if they are Active in their status so it all appears to be working fine..

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41890

Hi,
    by activation, I mean the action hook used by BuddyPress when it activates user account. Different plugins can use different hook. Since you are using the FF for registration, It is not calling BuddyPress’s activation hook(you can confirm with the original developers of FF).

Coming back to your reply, I assume that the free Fluent Form plugin allows mapping of BuddyPress fields to form fields. If that’s the case, our team will test and make sure it works with Fluent Form Registration/Activation by day end tomorrow.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    nrcm on #41893

Thank you, we are using the pro version of Fluent Forms just so you know.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41895

Please help me understand this:-

Is the field mapping to BuddyPress available with Free version or Pro version? If it is available in pro version, Please provide access to it.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    nrcm on #41896

Hi, Im not sure about the free version as I don’t use it. So, with Buddypress installed and enabled along with Fluent forms you get access to map fields to the extended profile fields from the form we create in Fluent Forms.

Further to your response about the activation key, we setup a user and took them through the entire registration process from registering from the fluent form, got the email to suggest they are registered and logged them into the application and can access BuddyBoss as expected…

I am more than happy to provide you access to the development site we are working on if this helps?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41897

Hi,
    thank you.

1. all the users who register on the site via any means will have access to BuddyPress/BuddyBoss. The reason is the users are part of WordPress core. The difference is how each plugin handles and what events are fired by each of them.

Different plugins fire different events but once the user registers, they are all same.

we have been using BuddyPress/BuddyBoss activation event which will be every different from Fluent Forms. since our plugin does not see that event, It does not update the data.

We plan to look through fluent form registration process and check what event they fire on registration(after synchronization of BuddyPress profile Data). Once we find that, we will add that as a trigger in our plugin.

yes, Please do share the access to development/staging server. Please use private reply here or our contact form for the same.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    nrcm on #41898
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41899
    This reply has been marked as private.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Auto Join not working for new users’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved