BuddyDev

Search

Auto refresh page after upload media in the gallery or get info that is finished

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Jan Vasek on #27623

When i upload media, I see uploaded thumbnail only. But user have not any feedback from our side that all is done. Can i get something what i can use to show that uploaded photos is done?

For example, there is my upload page.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qC_wYLdslaViaqtLANvFOOdBeLDN8U8r/view?usp=drivesdk

I have there quota of possible uploaded photos – (couter of uploaded photos + css) I would like in real time change uploaded number? It is possible?

It is possible for example, get css class write it to the body? “upload-finish” thanks to i can do show something message or graphics changes at upload page.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27635

Hi Jan,
    Thank you for the topic.

Currently, there is a feedback on upload. When users try to upload, they see a list of files and a “Loading” icon. When the upload is complete, the loading icon disappears. Isn’t that happening for you?

I do believe that providing a progress bar can be more useful. I checked and found that we do fire events before/after the uploading happens.
    You can bind to them using jQuery and create a custom progress bar.

// on files added to the queue
    mpp:uploader:files:added
    // on single upload
    mpp:uploader:upload:success

// on all complete.
    mpp:uploader:upload:complete

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Shannon Belletti on #29016

I’d be interested in a better progress bar as well. Or at least a notification that the upload is complete. I’m not a developer so no idea how to use that code you posted. 🙂

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29037

Hi Shannon,
    Please help me understand what you would like to do after all the upload completes. I might add it as an option.

Do you move user to view gallery?(Is that a good idea considering user might want to upload more media).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Shannon Belletti on #29059

I don’t think you should redirect to the View tab, because I agree, they may want to add more. Is there a way to simply add a text notification above the thumbnail list that says something like “24 Files Successfully Uploaded!”

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29143

Hi Shannon,
    May be I am not understanding the issue. Isn’t the loading icon and then showing the uploaded image sufficient to convey that image was uploaded successfully?

It is ok if some people want to add extra notifications etc but is there anything incorrect with current upload experience?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Shannon Belletti on #29252

If it’s just a few images, it works fine. Our members are photographers so they create galleries with lots of images at one time. It would be nice to have a little more indication of how many files left/time expected, etc.

Especially since the thumbnails populate as they uploaded and it’s hard to see the list of filenames left at the bottom of the screen.

Some members don’t realize the upload is still in progress (especially if slow/lots of images) and may navigate away.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29289

Hi Shannon,
    I will share an example.

I am using wp_footer to add the js code but you can put it in your theme’s js as well.

add_action( 'wp_footer', function(){
        ?>
    <script type="text/javascript">
        if( typeof jQuery !== "undefined" ) {
            jQuery(document).on('mpp:uploader:upload:complete', function () {
                alert( "All files uploaded.");
            });
        }
    </script>
    <?php
    } );

This will show an alert to the user when all uploads are complete.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved