BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Auto Reload after changing profile avatar

• Participant
    rsnipun on #7361

Hello Brajesh! Is there a way to achieve that? It does nothing now.. Just give a notification that profile image has been changed but doesnt show it until a refresh. I am not a real coder.. Really appreciate if you can help.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #7362

Hi,
    Which theme are you using? It is an issue with the theme. BuddyPress does it out of the box and most of theme supporting this should it doo.

• Participant
    Level: Master
    JohnnyNW on #31443
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31447

Hi JJ,
    Please allow us to check this on Monday/Tuesday. I am assuming it is related to BuddyPress profile Completion.

Will be updating you after tests.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    JohnnyNW on #31449

Yes, it is related to BP Profile Completion with Auto Activation.

It seems to confuse people – even though they can move forward with the website, the notice stays up for 2 pages (on profile).

For example. Say Bob changes profile image: selects image, uploads image, crops image, then the image shows up as his avatar, but the notice still shows on Bob’s profile page.

Then Bobs, decides to click another link on profile, say Mail, the link still shows. Then Bob decides to click Activity on profile, then it goes away.

It has something to do with the ajax of uploaded image, I’m sure.

So, I tested just refreshing the page with F5, again, it takes two F5 refreshes to remove the notice 🙁

Thanks for reading, hope you can help.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by JohnnyNW.
  • Participant
    JohnnyNW on #31451

Yeah, I notice lots of users are changing their profile multiple times (more than 4 times, trying to get the notice removed), though they can start using the site.

This isn’t going well 🙁

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31452

Hi JJ,
    Thank you.

I dis have a license for Kleo. Will check and get back to you tomorrow.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    JohnnyNW on #31453

Thank you so much. I’ll keep feature on until you get back to me.

Thanks!

• Participant
    JohnnyNW on #31570

Users still feeling stuck on their profile page. I did a quick look, and many new members and returning members believe they are stuck on uploading avatar, because message won’t go away until they bravely travel away, ignoring notice message, and click 2 times away from profile (in profile menus).

Any luck on figuring out why?

Thank you.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31571

Hi JJ,
    I am sorry about this. I will be working/testing it today and will be fixing it in next 24 hour.

Thank you
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Auto Reload after changing profile avatar’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved