BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] AutoActivate AutoLogin Not working

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Brett on #7547

Brajesh,

I have been having issues with the autoactivate/autlogin plugin you have. I have raised this before, but I think I have some semblance of what is going wrong.

Separating what your plugin does, and what appears to work
    1. Activate Account – definitely works (fires off emails stating account is activated – other custom code!!)
    2. Login (wp_set_auth_cookie) – it appears that this behaviour is not working properly on my site, which then renders the third component useless
    3. Redirect – not really going to work if the auth_cookie isn’t working properly.

Is this anything you can help with trying to get to the bottom of?
    Once this is resolved, I can get your plugin activated again

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #7554

Hi Brett,
    is there any plugin like registration option or something that affects the registration is being used?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Brett on #7616

The following ones that might affect registration are:
    Allow multiple accounts (so I could get someone to help me test)- has been deactivated.
    Social Login (allows users to sign up/login with social media accounts)

What I have noticed is that if I don’t try to redirect, it appears to be logged in. My Sign Up and Login disappear on my menu and get replaced with a logout. Once I go to another page, it then shows as logged out again.

Nothing else I can think of that should affect the registration.

If you need me to list anything, let me know.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #7625

Hi Brett,
    Thank you. is there any caching plugin active?

• Participant
    Brett on #7632

Right now there is, W3TC is active.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #7633

Please try clearing cache and disabling W3TC for testing. Then , please try to activate and see if it works. It should most probably.

• Participant
    Brett on #8306

Brajesh, got to the bottom of this, had issues with code that was leaving it in a position to not write cookies. I have cleaned these issues up and it now works as expected on activation.

I had another plugin that had similar issues trying to deal with creating a cookie as well.

Thanks for your assistance.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #8309

Hi Brett,
    Thank you for the update. I am glad it is resolved 🙂

The topic ‘ [Resolved] AutoActivate AutoLogin Not working’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved