BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Automatically add a space after @mention

• Participant
    Level: Guru
    Tosin on #25995

Hello,

How can I automatically add a space in @usermame after a username has been selected in the auto suggest popup. For example after selecting an option while trying to mention a user in the auto suggest popup

it appears as (@michaelwhat is your name) but a space should be added after @michael.

It should appear as (@michael what is your name) maybe the space can be added using   in php.

This how it is displayed on twitter when you mention a user a space is automatically added after the @username

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26009

Hi Tosin,
    It is not a bug. A user should use spacebar to add space.
    Even facebook does not add the space after that name.

Since it seems unnecessary customization, I will suggest educating users(if they are commiting the issue).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Mike (DesignServe) on #26172

Just adding my thoughts. I do tend to think that selecting in the popup should add the space. When typing we naturally add a space, when slecting something we tend to just keep typing and I’ve fallen foul of this a few times.

One of my users has a space in their username, which is very annoying I didn’t think it could happen. So I couldn’t use @ reply to them.

Another has their username as a dot ( . ) which is even more annoying. I think I might delete them. Or maybe I’ll change it to be “dot” 😀

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26177

Thank you for sharing your thoughts Mike.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved