BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Avatars are not changing format after resizing

• Participant
    Level: Yogi
    calu on #27370

Hi Brajesh, I have a problem with the avatars in the Who’s Online, Recently Active Members and Most Visited Users widgets, and in the Members directory and profile as well.
    Before my avatars was not square, but had a measure like width 100px x hight 133px. Now they are set to be square again, according to the settings in the code below, but the avatars in the widgets and Members Directory are still in the old non square format. All cache have been cleared, it’s like the old settings are saved some ware else?

In the widgets, the newly added images with square settings are stretched.

https://imgur.com/6UswuJh

How do I reset the avatar size?

Regards
    Carsten

if ( ! defined( 'BP_AVATAR_THUMB_WIDTH' ) )
        define( 'BP_AVATAR_THUMB_WIDTH', 120 ); //change this with your desired thumb width

if ( ! defined( 'BP_AVATAR_THUMB_HEIGHT' ) )
        define( 'BP_AVATAR_THUMB_HEIGHT', 120); //change this with your desired thumb height

if ( ! defined( 'BP_AVATAR_FULL_WIDTH' ) )
        define( 'BP_AVATAR_FULL_WIDTH', 355); //change this with your desired full size,weel I changed it to 225,300 :)

if ( ! defined( 'BP_AVATAR_FULL_HEIGHT' ) )
        define( 'BP_AVATAR_FULL_HEIGHT', 355); //change this to default height for full avatar

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27373

Hi Carsten,
    There may be multiple reasons for it.

1. Please check your buddypress/members/members-loop.php to check how the avatar is being fetched.
    2. Also check the css to verify that the dimensions are not enforced by css.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Yogi
    calu on #27384

Hi Brajesh, you were absolutely right, it was a long forgotten CSS selector which was enforcing the issue.

I should have checked this out first, sorry about that.

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27396

No issues. It’s good to know that you found the reason.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Avatars are not changing format after resizing’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved