BuddyDev

Search

Badges duplicated on Member Directory

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Tim Paschkewitz on #36830

Hi there,

I recently purchased and have installed BuddyPress User Badges (order #38029). Great plugin! I have one issue I cannot seem to resolve. The issue is that on the Member Directory Page, I see duplicate badges, and indeed, inspecting the page shows that it is being generated twice. The site/page can be viewed here: https://seac.online/member-directory/.

You’ll see a duplication of the <span class=”bp=user-badges-badge-list.before-name></span>

Each span has the same class, so I cannot simply hide the extra class with CSS {display:none;}.

If you look at the single member profile, the badges are NOT duplicated (see https://seac.online/member-directory/test1seac/) as they appear in the membership directory.

Please help with this, if possible.

Details per the Support Guidelines:
    1) See above
    2) No multisite
    3) Yes, using BuddyPress
    4) No multinetwork or multiblog
    5) WordPress version 5.7, BuddyPress version 7.2.0
    6) Theme: GeneratePress version 3.0.3 + GeneratePress Premium version 1.12.3
    7) Fresh install of the plugin
    8) The problem started upon first use (I purchased three plugins simultaneously: BP User Badges, BP User Profile Tabs Creator Pro, and BP Member Types Pro. I assume your plugins are inter-operable).
    9) I do have many plugins (because I’m not a programmer, I don’t have the skills to modify my own PHP), and I know it’s very common to have some bad plugin interactions, but I hope that’s not the simple response to this inquiry. I am not going to list all my plugins here.

Thank you so much – love your plugins and all your support on your site. I didn’t see this issue raised in the forums, which makes me worried that it could be a plugin or theme conflict…but I hope you have some solutions. I don’t know PHP, so I’m not willing to modify code without expert instruction. Thank you.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #36864

Hi Tim,
    Thank you for using the plugin.

I am sorry for the inconvenience. It was a regression introduced in our recent version.

Please upgrade to 1.2.0. It is fixed.

Please let me know if it works for you or not?

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved