BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] bbPress styling and add/remove features

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Torben Heikel Vinther on #18381

Hi

I’m trying to customize bbPress using the plugin bbp Style pack from https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-style-pack/ but it is not all setting that works. I was about to delete the plugin again, but then I saw that the Community Builder theme has a bbpress folder. I then tried to rename that folder, and the all the settings from the bbp Style pack plugin worked!

But now I don’t know what the best way to customixe bbPress is when using this theme. I canรธt find any help in the documentation. I could try another plugin but which one?

One of the small things I would like to show for the user is the forum search form and the subscribe link. They are both not showing on any forum!? If I change to WP standard theme it is!

Thanks
    Torben

• Participant
    Torben Heikel Vinther on #18383

Hello again

I forgot to mention that when I rename the “bbpress”-folder in the Community Builder theme then bbPress is showing the translated strings (danish for my part). When I don’t rename the bbpress folder then the translation doesn’t work.

I hope anyone can explain why the theme seems to mess up with bbPress…

/Torben

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18384

Hi Torben,
    Thank you for posting.

1. Translation issue:- It is happening because we have all bbPress files using our text domain. That means, in order to translate, you will need to localize it in theme’s translation file.

If you rename “bbpress” folder, the templates are used from bbpress and since they are already translated, it works.

2. The only reason we put our own bbpress folder and files was to control the views and provide better styles. If the view works for you without our bbPress folder, I will suggest removing it.

You should also remove bbpress-functions.php if you decide to go with it .

There is nothing wrong in removing the folder as in future, we do plan to only keep a few wrapper files.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Torben Heikel Vinther on #18386

Thanks Brajesh – quick as always ๐Ÿ™‚

Maybe a rookie question, but how do I remove the bbpress folder and bbpress-functions.php the best way? I mean: if I just hit delete then it will be re-added when there is a new update of the theme, right?

Regards
    Torben

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18387

You are welcome.

I am sorry for the inconvenience but for the next 2 updates, you will need to do it manually as the folders are in parent theme. once 2.0 is available, we will keep bbpress folder but remove most of the templates to use the fallback and avoid translation issues.

For now, Please do it manually.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Torben Heikel Vinther on #18388

Super, no problem. Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18389

Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘ [Resolved] bbPress styling and add/remove features’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved