BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BCP + WPML not connecting via categories.

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Richard Foley on #12996

I have BCP and a new blog with 2 translations (3 blogs). The first blog started life in a dedicated group. I’ve managed to assign the initial blog to the group, such that it picks it up via the categories, and displays correctly “under the group”.

The 2 translations just ignore the categories which have been assigned, in terms of the url. The translated blogs *have* the categories, but they don’t seem to want to *belong* to the group.

I’m hoping this is a mis-config at my end, or something harmless…?

Thanks for any ideas.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #13000

Hi Richard,
    I am sorry the plugin is not tested with WPML and I am not sure if it will work with translations.

Most probably they will setup different categories for translation and that won’t work with the group categories.

I am sorry but I don’t think we will be able to assist you much on this.

Brajesh

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #13001

hi Brajesh,

I don’t think it should be so difficult, if we can look at it together. You/I/we *need* to fixup WPML support, or WPML need to assist with MediaPress support. Oje, oje…

At first glance, if I look at the category changes which WPML have made, it seems fairly consistent. For instance where I have say “mycat” as the english (en) category. The German equivalent (even when not translated) then becomes “mycat-de”, which is consistent, and easy to follow.

This might be something we can sort out, you think?

R.

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #13003

hi Brajesh,

looking at this a little more, I can see that the wp_posts (original blog+2=3) all have what look like the correct postmeta:

+---------+---------+---------------+------------+
    | meta_id | post_id | meta_key      | meta_value |
    | 1197085 |  141401 | _is_bcg_post  | 1          |
    | 1197086 |  141401 | _bcg_group_id | 379        |
    | 1197101 |  141406 | _is_bcg_post  | 1          |
    | 1197102 |  141406 | _bcg_group_id | 379        |
    | 1197108 |  141408 | _is_bcg_post  | 1          |
    | 1197109 |  141408 | _bcg_group_id | 379        |

Which basically looks pretty good. This makes me think that BuddyBlog + BCG should be able to identify the blog as being a part of this group, regardless of what translations are going on. Somehow it doesn’t quite mesh together though…

R>

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #13004

hi Brajesh,

I’ve done some more research into this, and I note that on the WPML site, they say they don’t support BP group translations. SO, in fairness, I can hardly expect your BCG plugin to do a 3-way support of something which is actively non-supported on one side of the triangle.

Therefore, I’m looking at another solution to my local problem, and am closing. Thanks for listening 🙂

R.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved