Search

Birthday Widget

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    HansRuedi Keller on #954

Hi Brajesh,
    There is an old plugin in WP repo…
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/tdlc-birthdays/
    …could be an idea to give that kind of functionality a rebirth.
    Thanks, Hans

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #956

Hi Hans,
    Thank you. I noticed that that plugin is working except the fact that they are using PHP4 constructors causing WordPress to throw notices.

If we plan to implement something similar, It will be easy and more efficient using the new custom field type option for date.

The only requirement I want to enforce is PHP 5.3+ .
    Should we got for it? Also, I noticed the query performance for their listing is not great(looks for all fields) where it can be directly done with the date value instead.

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    HansRuedi Keller on #960

Hi Brajesh,
    Yes, please go for it. Could be a little “ad” for BuddyDev if it’s in the repo under the name “BuddyDev Birthday Widget”…

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #961

Your wish is my command 🙂
    Coming tomorrow, same time, with one change. If you don’t mind, i will like to name that BP Birthday Widget instead.

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Venutius on #962

One suggestion I have for a future development of this plugin, would be to connect it to a gifts plugin and have a hook to send a gift to the birthday people should that gift plugin be loaded on the site.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #975

Hi George,
    thank you for the Ideas. It will have an easy APi to allow possible future integration. Currently, I amy not be able to look at the Gits plugin due to lack of time but will like to keep the possibility open for future.

@Hans
    I have started working on it, it will be a little bit delayed though. will come tomorrow now.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved