BuddyDev

Search

Blog Categories For Groups

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Charles Collins on #40845

I use BuddyBlog Pro on BuddyBoss Theme installation.

When plugin is enabled, the existing site blog categories for articles do not display via the Manage tab for associating new posts created from the group site.

Will this work as a filter for posts within the site Blog posted from the BuddyBlog Pro in a specific category to auto display on the archive list to an associate group?

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #40852

Hello Charles,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Both BuddyBlog Pro and Blog Categories for groups are different plugins. Blog Categories for groups plugin needs Simple Frontend Post plugin to work.

Please share the screenshots of the issue you are facing it will help me to understand your issue more clearly.

Regards
    Ravi

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Ravi.
  • Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Charles Collins on #40860

OK Ravi. Upon further reflection the result I am tryingn to achieve is to have a tab within the Group that presents a page of articles grid from a related site Blog category.

I am a membership customer of BuddyDev so I think this could be accomplished by using Buddydev Custome Tabs for groups and perhaps a short code embed on the tab page to show only articles from a specific category. What do you think?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40910

Hi Charles,
    Thank you for the reply.

Please allow me to assist as Ravi may be away for 2-3 days.

Yes, you can achieve that. The Group Tabs Creator allows to have shortcode as content. I think this will work fine if you do not need group members to create the post.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved