BuddyDev

Search

Blog Categories for Groups – embedded media

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Brian on #29420

Hi,

I’m using Blog Categories for Groups and BP Simple Front End Post for blog posting to groups, and have run into an issue.

I can create a blog post using text and images within the group, select the group category, and it will post.

However, if if I follow the same process, and use INSERT >> MEDIA and try to embed an iframe into the code, the embedded media is inserted into the blog document and appears correct. When I attempt to publish the document it DOES NOT create the document and goes back to a blank blog post form – all work on the document was lost.

If I create a document with just text, I can go into the admin panel and input the iframe code there, and it will update the post and it appears correctly.

Am I missing a setting or plugin somewhere?

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #29424

Hello Brian,

Thank you for posting. I have followed your test case by creating a new post and embedded a youtube video using ‘Add Media’ button and it is working form me. Please try to disable other plugin and switch to the default theme and give it a shot. There might be chances that any plugin or theme working with the content filter. Please let me know

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Brian on #29463

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the response. I’ve disabled all plugins and went back to the default theme and I still cannot create a blog post, document or a forum post using any type of iframe code on the front end editor using TinyMCE or the default editor – the page acts like it’s saving the new post, but goes back to a blank form. I can create a blank document or a blog post or just text on the front end editor, and then edit either the blog or document in the admin panel to get the desired results.

My issue wasn’t with the “add Media button. Using the TinyMCE Advanced plugin, INSERT >> MEDIA >> EMBED. Like I said above, if I try to embed any type of code at all, the system refreshes to a blank form for either blog posts or forum posts.

I’m using the Regin theme (Wbcom is the Dev) with BuddyPress and bbPress. I have several buddyDev plugins installed. When in the front end blog sections trying to post, I do not see the ‘Visual or ‘Text’ options. All I see is the visual editor or the TinyMCE Advanced editor if I have that enabled.

I’m fairly new to WordPress, so I’m a little lost.

Thanks for any advice you may have,

Brian

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29489

Hi Brian,
    I am sorry for the inconvenience.

I am not sure we understand the issue correctly. will it be feasible for you to share a screen recording showing the issue?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Brian on #29514

Hi Brajesh,

I hope this gives you what you need. Two videos, the top one is the blog posting issue, and the second is the document example with full creation and editing in the back ed to embed the iframe.

https://ratifythis.com/posting-problems/

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Brian.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29525

Hi Brian,
    Thank you. I will be testing it a bit more and get back to you in 2 days. The strange thing is we should not have that advance editor(tinymce) which is shown in the video. It should have been a basic version with limited options.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Brian on #29532

Hi Brajesh,

I’m using the TinyMCE Advanced plug in, which is why the editor is there. I wanted users to be able to easily embed content into their group posts. Is there a way to do this with the basic editor?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved