BuddyDev

Search

Blog Categories for groups – feature request – more blogs displayed

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Venutius on #652

Thanks for creating this plugin, it serves a valuable niche where group create their own blogs for display within the group. I have a feature request.

Currently the number of blogs displayed is limited to the last ten or so, would it be possible to increase this? Probably the best way would be to allow users to see further pages of results.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #657

Hi George,
    The plugin should allow pagination. Is it not allowing that?

• Participant
    Venutius on #665

No, I’ve just tested it again and I can’t see any pagination in the list

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #730

Hi George,
    Please give me till Monday. will check and update if required.

• Participant
    Venutius on #1131

Hi Brajesh, did you get a chance to look at this?

• Participant
    Venutius on #1354

Just bumping this so it does not get forgotten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1359

Hi George,
    sorry for missing it. Will look at it today and get back to you.

• Participant
    Venutius on #1364

Thanks Brajesh, sorry to be a pest

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1373

Hi George,
    Just confirming that you were right about the issue. I mistook BuddyBlog templates for bcg and thought it was there. I will be doing an update later today.

There are 2 things that I am thinking of:- If we are going for an update, It will be nice to have almost same functionality aas BuddyBlog here too. Like listing of drafts, editing which is currently not there.

I am not sure at the moment if I should just add the pagination or work to make it feature complete(It lacks a lot of feature at the moment). Whatever is the decision, will have an update late tonight( Indian time ).

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1382

Hi George,
    I have finally started working on it. The goal is to make it at par with the BuddyBlog. So, we will have the permissions, editing capability( For members/moderators etc), listing of drafts and a few more things.

Also, I am dropping the original templates and in future, there will be no need to move any file( It is still not required if using theme compat ). I will be taking a few days to make it fully functions( Have done initial bits today). It is going to be complete rewrite and I hope that will make it much usable than the earlier.

I am still not sure if we should add support for custom taxonomy/post type like BuddyBlog or just keep it simple with categories/posts. If we decide(Based on your feedback), we will need to change the name too. Please do let me know your suggestions.

I will update you in 2 days about the status and hopefully present you a final version by then.

The topic ‘Blog Categories for groups – feature request – more blogs displayed’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: not resolved