BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Blog Categories for Groups Sub Nav Title and Slug

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Ada on #4327

Just curious if there is a more graceful way other than changing the core files for renaming the title (and perhaps the slug) of the nav item which is currently hard-coded as “Blog” and the sub-nav “Create New” (which also has a hard-coded link as domain.com/group-name/blog/create to something else (like “Articles” and “Post New Article” respectively). I have currently changed these two instances in bvg-screen.php and template-tags.php

The reason for this is that not all sites nor user all user submission types are considered as “blogs”. The ability to change these would make these twin excellent plugins even grander. Many thanks for any feedback.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4334

Hi Ada,
    You can use following

define( 'BCG_SLUG', 'site-blogs' );

To rename the slug. For changing the label currently, please translate the plugin.

Hope that helps.

• Participant
    Ada on #4349

Thank you very much Brajesh Sir. I didn’t think of translation for label thank you for the that.
    When I put the above as in a function and add_action to bp_init in bp-custom.php it didn’t make a difference, then also tried the define by itself in wp-config.php and receive 404 when trying to access a group. Note that each time I saved the permalinks. There must be something else interfering here. For now I stick with the translation. Thanks again for your help.

• Participant
    skryfnet on #4369

Hi there, I am trying to do the same thing. Have you had any luck in translating the plugin? And how did you do it?

Best regards
    SN

• Participant
    Ada on #4371

Sorry for delay in responding to you. I saw that Brajesh Sir has already responded to you in a new thread. It works as described by Brajesh. Changing the slug, however does not work as suggested above.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved