BuddyDev

Search

BP Activity Posting Delay of 5 seconds

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Daniel on #35491

Hi,

I currently have a problem with BuddyPress. When a user writes something into the “What’s New User” then it takes about 5 seconds delay until the post gets posted, so the users are pressing twice or three times the post button and then finally the post gets posted 2 or 3 times. I guess this is a Caching issue but I don’t know what kind of? I am using Cloudflare as well. Perhaps somebody had the same issue and could help how to fix the issue?

Thank you for your assistance.

Regards
    Daniel

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #35747

Hi Daniel,
    Was this issue resolved?

I will suggest creating a staging environment and disabling plugins/codes to find out if it is caused by some plugin or code.
    If you are able to find out the cause, please do let me know.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Daniel on #35754

Hi Brajesh,

Yes, the issue has been resolved in the meantime. I have cleared all caches and since the issue doesn’t occur anymore. I think purging the caches every month once is useful.

Thanks for your time.

Regards
    Daniel

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #35764

Hi Daniel,
    Thank you for the details. I is good to know that it is resolved.

Caching should not be the cause but if it fixes, there is no harm in trying that.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Daniel on #35766

Hi Brajesh,

Actually you’re right. It still takes up to 5-7 seconds until BP posts the activity. It’s not as bad, perhaps it takes such long because CDN will not work in this case as it is a new post and the input needs to travel to the server where the website is hosted. I think this could be the reason.

Regards
    Daniel

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved