BuddyDev

Search

BP Activity Shortcode not allowing comments to posts

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Alex on #50190

I have installed the BP Activity Shortcode on the main user dashboard of my site. I have the BuddyBoss platform and theme installed.

I used the shortcode entered as follows [activity-stream title=0 allow_posting=1 load_more=1]

Users have been able to post successfully from the posting box. However, when a user wants to comment on a post, clicking the comment button results in the page refreshing in order to open the comment box; and when the comment is entered it doesn’t post.

You can see an example of the challenge here: https://screenpal.com/watch/c0jIQtVpnlc

Any assistance with how to fix this would be most appreciated.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50194

Hi Alex,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.

Thank you for the video and we see the issue.

The Shortcode plugin has limited support for BuddyPress legacy template pack. BuddyBoss uses Nouveau template pack and that is the reason it is not working.

Please allow us 2 days to test if there is a simple workaround without rewriting the whole js. We will update you by day end Thursday.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Alex on #50196

Thank you Brajesh. It’s much appreciated. I look forward to seeing what you can come up with.

• Participant
    Alex on #50236
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50250

Hi Alex,
    I am sorry, There is no simple work around currently.

The even binding are not working due to the difference between legacy activity and the way Nouveau template loads activities/js. It may need complete implementation to support commenting.

I regret our inability to assist you with it.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved