BuddyDev

Search

BP Activity Shortcode – Private Groups

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Gene on #28583

When I use this shortcode:
    [activity-stream object=groups]

It only displays the activities of public groups a user belongs to. Is there a way to show the private groups activity feed as well that I belong to. Note: I am logged in and that user belongs to the group.

Thanks!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28598

Hi Gene,
    This is by design and there is not much we can do.

BuddyPress lists private activities to user’s own profile or on the group page.

There is a parameter ‘show_hidden’ which we can allow but I have avoided it due to side effects.

If we add this parameter, It won’t honour if a member is part of the group or not and will list the activities of private groups to everyone. Which will be more problematic for users. That’s why we did not provide this option.

Knowing the side effect, do you still want it? If yes, I or @ravisharma can provide some snippet to make it work specifically for you.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Gene on #28633

Thanks for the response. Yeah that won’t work either.

• Participant
    Dakota Earth Cloud Walker on #37200

Hi Brajesh,
    I think Gene’s issue here is one that I need that snippet for. I’m trying to display the activity feed of a hidden group on a different page – is there a way to do that so that anyone who is in that group can view it from that one page? I am using this shortcode now: [activity-stream object=groups primary_id=20] But the results tell me: “Latest Activity
    Sorry, there was no activity found. Please try a different filter.”

The group is hidden, I can make it private without issue if that resolves it.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #37229

Hi,
    Thank you for the reply.

Please upgrade to 1.1.8 and now it will show the hidden activities for a group if the logged user is a member of the group.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Dakota Earth Cloud Walker on #37305

Thank you Brajesh, this worked! Is there a way to also have that same activity stream display the forum/topics of that same group?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #37313

Hi,
    The plugin should display the activities for forums/topics out of the box(if you have the activity recording enabled).

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved