BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BP Ajax Registration – does not work with BP Registration options

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Venutius on #5913

Hi Brajesh,

I’ve been testing Ajax registration and if BP Registration options is loaded, which is probably on a lot of sites, then BuddyPress activation emails are no longer sent. My test system only had BP, BPRO and BPAR loded, so it’s pretty conclusive, not sure which plugin is to blame.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #5914

Hi George,
    The Ajax registration does not send activation emails and stops it(since the account is activated automatically).

Can you please tell me how do you want to work and I may put some code(The plugin has filters to disable automatic activation etc).

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Venutius on #5921

Ah I see, However when I loaded it on my site Ajax Registration left new members needing to be activated but without the activation email.

I think the activation process is an important part of the security for my site, it makes sure that the email address is a valid one, so I would like to see the activation email being sent out.

Also, would it by possible to hook this into BuddyPress Signup Avatar?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #5948

Hi George,
    I am planning an update this Friday(14th). Will make sure to check with the registration option plugin.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Venutius on #5959

Thanks Brajesh

• Participant
    Venutius on #6024

Hi Brajesh, how did you get on?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6050

Hi George,
    My apologies for the delayed reply.

I have got the BP Ajax Registration plugin updated but I will need a little more time today to test with the registration options.

I will post the updated plugin early tomorrow.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6060

Hi George,
    Please add following line to your bp-custom.php

add_filter( 'bpajaxr_is_auto_activation_mode', '__return_false' );

That will disable auto activation and your site will have normal registration process.

PS: An update is also available that enables the registration from wp-login.php page too. you may want to upgrade.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Venutius on #6062

Yes that seems to fix it, it seems to fix the issue with users being assigned to the wrong membership type and also the user visibility issue I had too.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved