BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BP Ajax registration – No activation mail send

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Markus Weber on #1854

Hi,

I am running wordpress multisite setup with buddypress. If I register a new user via buddypress registration page (with “BP Ajax registration”-Plugin deactivated) the user recieves an email to activate his account.

If I activate “BP Ajax registration”-Plugin and register via Ajax Menu the user is automatically activated and logged in after registration. The first email he gets is “Your password was changed”. (I am confused … ???)

I need the user get a registration mail with activation link… Don’t find any menu to change this.. Or could that be a conflict with another plugin?

Hope you can help me.

Best regards
    Markus Weber

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1863

Hi Markus,
    My apologies for the delayed reply.

When using BP Ajax Registration, The User should not get any email. If they are getting the email, It is an issue. Which version of WordPress are you using?

It is possible to disable automatic activation from Bp Ajax registration, but that will disable the auto login too. Is that something that will work for you? Please do let me know and I will post the solution quickly.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Markus Weber on #1869

Hi Brajesh,

thanks for your reply! I am currently running 4.3.1–de_DE.

Yeah ok I don’t need the automatic login. Is it possible to redirect the user to a specific page after registration? (I want to tell him with infographic that he has to look in his emails..) If yes, can you please hardcode: https://www.wr-performance.de/anleitungen/fast-geschafft/

Thanks!

Markus

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1871

Hi Markus,
    Thank you.
    The current plugin allows deactivating the activation process but redirect only works for logged in user. I will put an update in 1-2 hour to allow redirect work with non logged in user too and provide you the code for redirecting to that page.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1872

Hi Markus,
    Please upgrade to version 1.2.3

After that, you can put this code in your bp-custom.php and it will work as you have mentioned.

//disable auto activation
    add_filter( 'bpajaxr_is_auto_activation_mode', '__return_false' );

add_filter( 'bp_ajaxr_response', "my_redirect_on_login");

function my_redirect_on_login( $data ) {

$bp = buddypress();

if ( ! empty( $bp->signup->errors) ) {
    		return $data;
    	}

$data['redirect'] = 1;
    	$data['redirect_url'] = "https://www.wr-performance.de/anleitungen/fast-geschafft/";

return $data;
    }

Please do let me know if that works for you or not?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Markus Weber on #1873

Hi Brajesh,

works great! Thank you very much for your effort.

Markus

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1946

Hi Markus,
    Thank you for marking it resolved. Closing the topic now. Please do open new topic if you need any assistance.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] BP Ajax registration – No activation mail send’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved