BuddyDev

Search

BP Ajax registration Plugin help

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1614

Hi Samir,
    I am opening this topic for you based on your comment on the other topic.

https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/ajax-registration-plugin/page/3/#post-1613

The ajax registration plugin should automatically work from registration links. If it does not, we need to add a class ‘bp-ajaxr’ to the link.

You wanted to make it work on home page? Did you mean opening it from some link on home page? Can you please point me to your site to allow me help better?

Also, The form takes all fields from the Base profile field( Just like BuddyPress registration). So, please add fields to your first profile field group in BuddyPress and it will be available.

Looking forward to help you better.

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    samir bajaj on #1616

well I have first installed it on my testing site

here is the url

http://109.73.226.214/~ukasianm/

Now I need it to work with the form you see on the home page. How do I do that.

Does it work just by installing and how do I configure the notification email after regstration.

I also need to add yur profile photo plugin to it and the BP force profile. Thanks for your help

Do you need the wp-admin login access to trouble shoot.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1617

Hi Samir,
    Thank you.
    I had a look at the site and I see that you are using sweetdate theme.

If you plan to use this plugin with sweetdate theme, I am sorry but It wont work and I will have to offer you a refund instead.

The problem is the homepage form is highly customized and does not contain extended profile fields. So, I can not do much there. Also, They have their own popup opening on register link that leaves no scope for BP Ajax Registration to show its popup.

I will issue the refund in 30 minutes.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1623

Have issued a refund. Please confirm if you received or not?

thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    samir bajaj on #1630

Yes got the refund. Cant we just put your form on the home page using a short code and change the pop-up link like you have it in your instructions.

samir

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1633

HI Samir,
    Thank you.
    You mentioned that a non technical solution, that’s why I said no.

It is doable but will loose the beauty of that theme. Still, please give me till tomorrow and I will give a try to something else. I do have a copy of sweet date running for a client site. I will give a try on his test server tomorrow.

I am not in a position to supply much css this week( Our own premium theme is due by weekend) and that’s why I had tried to avoid it.

If you are working with a developer, please do let me know, I can easily guide him/her to enable ajax registration.

• Participant
    samir bajaj on #1644

Yes I am working with a developer. If you can give me the instructions and I can pass it on. Thanks for your help

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1650

Hi Samir,
    1. To get the popup modal on register link

In header.php, you will need to make following change

<li class="header-register-button"><a href="#" data-reveal-id="register_panel" class="tiny button radius"><i class="icon-group hide-for-medium-down"></i> <?php _e("SIGN UP", 'kleo_framework'); ?></a></li>

to

<li class="header-register-button bp-signup"><a href="#"  class="tiny button radius"><i class="icon-group hide-for-medium-down"></i> <?php _e("SIGN UP", 'kleo_framework'); ?></a></li>

That will disable the default popup registration form and use the one included with this plugin.

The form can be customized in the way you want. Just copy ajax-register-form.php from the plugin to your theme and modify it as you need to match the look & feel.

I am looking at someway to get the home page main registration form working with Ajax registration. Will update here in an hour what I find.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1651

Hi Samir,
    Please ask your developer to look at the bp-ajax-registration-shortcode plugin to see how it can be used with normal form.

I had a look at the home page form and It does not contains the required code necessary to show errors properly. So, I assume, they did it on purpose and your developer will need to account for that.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    samir bajaj on #1661

where is the bp-ajax-registration-shortcode plugin. You just have the bp-ajax-registration plugin.

where do I copy this ajax-register-form.php in to my theme which file.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved