BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BP Ajax registration – reCaptcha Problems

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Markus Weber on #1874

Hi,

I am running wordpress multisite setup (4.3.1–de_DE, no subdomain) with buddypress (2.4.2). My theme is Parabola.

I have installed the Plugin “BuddyPress Captcha”-Plugin to secure the BP Ajax registration. The problem is that if I click “I am not a robot” on captcha no overlay is opened. If I try the same on the normal buddypress-register site, an overlay is opened where I have to do s.th. to show that I am not a robot.

I think there might be a problem because the ajax register page itself is an overlay?

Do you have a solution for this? Captcha is really important for me because of fake registrations..

Thanks!

Markus

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1875

Hi Markus,
    Thank you for asking.

The overlay is not shown to everyone. Most of the time just ticking the “I am not a robot” will work. The overlay works fine with this plugin.(I have tested that).

It is google’s algo that don’t show the overlay all the time.

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Markus Weber on #1876

Hi Brajesh,

yeah thats right, but I still think there is a bug:

If I click “I am not a robot” the plugin seems to be in an infinite loading-loop. If I click register any time, there is an error, that says: “Please check the CAPTCHA code. It’s not correct.”
    If I now click on “I am not a robot” after the error message everything works..

Would be great if you can check this on my page. Is there a way to send you login-details for my website via private message or mail?

Markus

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1877

Hi Markus,
    Thank you for explaining. That is quiet possible. Please drop me a link on my email brajesh@buddydev.com

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1948

Hi Markus,
    Thank you for marking it as resolved. For others looking at this topic, It was an issue with the Ajax registration plugin and is fixed in 1.2.4

Thank you
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] BP Ajax registration – reCaptcha Problems’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved