BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BP Auto activate Auto Login-redirect to profile on Signup“

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Nicole Martinez on #4975

I just bought and downloaded this product and it isn’t working at all? I have buddy press social marketplace

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4976

Hi Nicole,
    Are you using any registration moderation plugin like Registration options? Do you have anything specific about your registration? Can you please point me to your site?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Nicole Martinez on #4977

Hi,
    I am using (profile fields plugin).
    My website is ywclocal.com
    I have two ways for people to sign up. By clicking on the registration icon on the menu tap, “Which still sends them an activation email”.
    Or by clicking sign up on my home page and this automatically activates their account with your plugin but does not log them in. Instead, it takes them to their profile without being logged in.

I also have WC Vendors and have this code under function
    /* Redirect Vendors to Vendor Dashboard on Login */
    add_filter(‘woocommerce_login_redirect’, ‘login_redirect’, 10, 2);
    function login_redirect( $redirect_to, $user ) {

// WCV dashboard — Uncomment the 3 lines below if using WC Vendors Free instead of WC Vendors Pro
    // if (class_exists(‘WCV_Vendors’) && WCV_Vendors::is_vendor( $user->id ) ) {
    // $redirect_to = get_permalink(WC_Vendors::$pv_options->get_option( ‘vendor_dashboard_page’ ));
    // }

// WCV Pro Dashboard
    if (class_exists(‘WCV_Vendors’) && class_exists(‘WCVendors_Pro’) && WCV_Vendors::is_vendor( $user->id ) ) {
    $redirect_to = get_permalink(WCVendors_Pro::get_option( ‘dashboard_page_id’ ));
    }
    return $redirect_to;
    }

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4978

Hi Nicole,
    Thank you.
    So, The problem is user not getting logged in? I believe It is most probably a caching issue otherwise people will not get redirected to their profile(The plugin will not know where to redirect if the user was not logged in).

Can you please try registering account in a new browser and let me know if that works? Also, Is there any site level caching plugin used by you?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Nicole Martinez on #4979

Hi Brajesh,
    I do not have site level caching plugins.

I opened a new browser, and the problem is still occurring.
    I wish I could send you some photos to show you the problem, but again, the menu bar is still sending new registered users an activation email.

But if new user goes to http://www.ywclocal.com/register/, they account is automatically activated but they are not logged in but can see their profile ( The menu navigation still has a register and log in icon).

Thank you for your speedy response, I really appreciate your help

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4981

Hi Nicole,
    Please try disabling the plugin that is causing Modal popup and then Let us check one more time. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

• Participant
    Nicole Martinez on #4983

No worries,
    It’s still doing the same thing… Can I edit the code to automatically have their account activated without sending an activation email and then directing them to a page stating for them to log in?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4984

Hi Nicole,
    You can edit the plugin but the problem is this plugin is tested with WordPress 4.5.3 and BuddyPress 2.6.2 and I am not sure why is it not working on your site.

Please open the file and see for this function in the class

active_user_for_wps

It is responsible for activating/logging in the user. Please do let me know what issue you find there.

• Participant
    Nicole Martinez on #4985

Hi Brajesh,
    I do not know how to edit codes that well. I am still kinda new to wordpress. Is your company able to do this? If not, am I able to get a refund due to it not working?
    Thank you again for your help

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4986

Hi Nicole,
    If you mail us the access via contact form one of us will look into it otherwise yes, You can get refund any time you want.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved