BuddyDev

Search

BP Autologin at activation

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Jon on #2836

Ok thanks!

Whats RC?

Will your BP Autologin at activation still work?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2843

Hi Jon,
    By RC, I meant Release candidate of the plugin.

You may try it on a test server.
    https://buddypress.org/2016/02/buddypress-2-5-0-release-candidate-1/

Yes, the autologin will work.

Hope that clarifies.

• Participant
    Jon on #2850

Great thanks for letting me know!

I’m not sure if you can help me with this but I am using a plugin called USP Pro it allows users to submit posts to my site and has a register feature where they add a username and password.

The plugin creator says it uses the basic WP email function when sending out the emails, so I thought that your plugin would overwrite it but when I test it I get 2 links in the email. One goes to create a new password and the other goes to the log in page.

This only happens when people register for my site and submit a post at the same time. When users register through the regular sign-up process they get your emails.

I know this is kind of a weird question but would you know how to make the link in you BP Autologin at activation email default for this way of signing up?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2854

Hi Jon,
    I am sorry but I may not be of much help there with the post plugin.

Please do know that Auto activation plugin does not send any email. It is never sent by this plugin. Either the post plugin is doing that or the WordPress triggers it based on the post plugin action.

The only goal of the auo activation plugin is to check if there is someone opening a link which is for activation of an account and if that is correct, It logs the user in on successful activation.

Hope that helps.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Jon on #2857

Ok so the issue is the post plugin I am using registers people using the basic wordpress registration. Not the Buddypress registration. I think that is why my users who sign up via submitting a post get the default wordpress activation email.

Is there any way to get the BP Auto login on activation to function for basic WP activation emails?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2861

Hi Jon,
    I haven’t thought about it. It may be a bad idea to include it in Bp Auto login on activation as internally BP will always call wp or wpms activation routine before firing the hook we are using. So, It will be like calling the routine twice that may lead to some issue.

Still, I will give a try tomorrow and will let you know.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Jon on #2940

Thank you for looking into it!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved