BuddyDev

Search

BP emails are plain text not html

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    lavish on #4845

Hi!

After facing an issue of no activation emails being sent to my users. I setup MailGun for my bp emails.

The problem is with MailGun all emails are being sent as plain text. As soon as I disable MailGun emails become HTML again. I have to keep mailgun because delivery without it is not being reliable.

Can you guys advise something?

Thank you

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4852

Hi Lavish,
    Which plugin are you using for enabling MailGun? Most probably it is not underatnding the html email headers.

• Participant
    lavish on #4859

Hi Brajesh!

I am using MailGun for WordPress plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/mailgun/. Can you recommend me some other email solution, that’s free to use and doesn’t break bp html email format?

This may throw some light on the issue – https://buddypress.org/support/topic/buddypress-emails-default-text/#post-254255

Thank you 🙂

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4870

Hi Lavish,
    I looked at the mailgun plugi and BuddPress implementation both. If you enable plaintext email, Mailgun will be able to deliver(Since Mailgun overrides wp_mail) but if you need html template, Then A specific implementation for BP_PHPMailer is required.

To enable fallback, you can put following in your bp-custom.php

add_filter( 'bp_email_use_wp_mail', '__return_true ' );

Hope that helps.

• Participant
    lavish on #4875

Thank you Brajesh for the code. I just tried and it seems that it is equivalent to disabling MailGun.

After adding the code :

1 – The emails are being sent from host assigned email [mail@mydomain.com via xxxxxxxxx.xxxx.xxxxx.theservername.xxx]

2 – Activation emails are (randomly) not delivering again

3 – It seems, mails sent during the use of code are not part of logs in MailGun dashboard. So, mails ain’t routing via MailGun

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by lavish.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4877

Hi Lavish,
    Thank you for looking at it. I will check a little more and will post back later. I am not sure about the reason. The MailGun plugin overrides wp_email and using the above filter forces BuddyPress to use wp_email instead of new methods.

Will have more details once I do a few tests today.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved