BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BP Featured Members Avatar Size

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #12650

What is the current value. It should be in the range BuddyPress allows(controlled by thumb,full which is normally upto 450 px).

Can you please post me what value are you using? Also, Is there any chance that you are overriding the featured members list template?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Nick on #12678

I have tried a small number like 50 and it is currently on 250, both yield the same result.

I have overrid the featured members list template as i required it to display extra information.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #12682

Hi Nick,
    Thank you. That makes sense.
    Please compare your overridden template with the new one and update. we had to update the templates to pass the avatar size.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Nick on #12748

Hey Brajesh,

I have loaded the templates to see the changes but im not entirely sure where the change i should be looking for is, would you be able to point me in the right direction?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #12752

Hi Nick,
    We changed

<?php bp_member_avatar(); ?>

to

<?php bp_member_avatar( bp_fm_get_avatar_args() ); ?>

In the template file.

Hope that helps.

• Participant
    Nick on #13741

Hey Brajesh,

I left this issue for a while as I had tasks of higher priority to complete first, just coming back to this one now.

I made the change in the template and have removed/modified the style changes i made to any avatar classes. Neither of these yielded a result for me.

Is there anything else you can recommend to fix this issue?

Regards,

Nick

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #13750

Hi Nick,
    No problem.

I will suggest temporarily removing your custom template for the featured members and then trying to accommodate the changes from the past(Your own) to the currently shipped featured members.

• Participant
    Nick on #13787

Tried removing the plugin and reinstalling with the newest version as well as using just the template that comes with it and still had no luck changing the size. When i inspected the img element it said the height and width were what i set it to but its just being reflected in the image size.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #13790

Hi Nick,
    That means your css is the issue. Please check that.

• Participant
    Nick on #13805

Ok i fixed it all up, here is how I did it.

It wasnt my CSS that was affecting it, it was a bit of code in the buddypress CSS style sheet that was overwriting your avatar settings.

.widget.buddypress ul.item-list img.avatar

This was automatically set to 40px width and height, so no matter what I changed the avatar size to through the widget, it would not change.

Might be something for you to look into in case it pops up with anyone else. Thanks for your time and assistance in resolving this problem Brajesh.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] BP Featured Members Avatar Size’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved