BuddyDev

Search

bp-force-profile-photo-1.0.6 conflict when creating new account

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Dave on #6357

This plugin works great for existing users who login but interferes with creating a new account. It seems to be competing with the followup page (or pages) that generally follow after creating a new account.

Has anyone else encountered this?
    What can be done to let the registration process finish?
    Can some code be added to check if user has account before forcing them to load a picture?

I have buddyboss theme and I am using Membership 2 Pro.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6358

Hi Dave,
    is there any chance that your users are automatically logged in after the account creation?

It only forces if a user is logged in. So, It seems strange and the first time I have heard about it.

Any more details will help.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Dave on #6366

yes. when the registration process ends they are logged in.

What do I need to change to get this cool plugin to work with my registration widget.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6375

Hi Dave,
    The problem is as soon as the user logs in this plugin starts checking their capability and redirect them. It is possible to whitelist certain pages.

Please post me the page url and I will post code to whitelist them.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Dave on #6378

Thank you very much.

I am finding your plugins to be pretty cool and very handy. I wanted to get a feel for the plugins and the support before buying a membership.

Would you be able to suggest some credible people who I could contact to discuss paying for them to finish my site. I know its not a difficult site for an experienced person, since I was able to muddle through it, but I would feel better having it polished off by someone who does this stuff regularly.

Here is my site as it stands now.

https://davesdugout.org

• Participant
    Dave on #6379

Thank you very much.

I am finding your plugins to be pretty cool and very handy. I wanted to get a feel for the plugins and the support before buying a membership.

I am concerned that the user may think the site is not working right when they get held at the “upload pic page”.

Could you give me some code that would trigger a popup window that would explain why they are being held at the “upload picture page”. Then they can close it after reading and remain held on that page. I hope that made sense.

I was wondering if you would you be able to suggest some credible people that I could discuss paying them to finish my site. I know its not a difficult site for an experienced person, since I was able to muddle through it to this point, but I would feel better having it polished off by someone who does this stuff regularly.

Here is my site as it stands now.

• Participant
    Dave on #6381

Any progress on the white list code you mentioned getting for me after I posted my URL?

What about the code for a popup on the Upload picture landing so we can tell the user why they are trapped there.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved