BuddyDev

Search

BP Gallery Importer?

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    lovemonk on #908

Any news yet of the BP Gallery importer? Only thing that is stopping me from going live with Mediapress.

Ps – You’ve got a caching issue for logged in users. Have to manually refresh pages after a first visit and then logging in. Otherwise it shows user as logged out.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #914

Hi Duncan,
    Welcome back to BuddyDev forums 🙂

BP Gallery importer is coming. MediaPress is still evolving and not stable enough from API point of views, lot of things are being added, so please wait a little more for the importer.

I have been thinking about the BP Gallery importing from the beginning and my concern is the gallery activity importing and relating to their respective items.

What is the size of your community? Is it huge or moderate size? Knowing will help me in the strategy to implement the importer.

Also, I have disabled cache for logged in members now, should hopefully fix the issue. Thank you for noticing and reporting.

• Participant
    lovemonk on #915

Our community is not that big but as gardeners they do love their pictures. Probably have about 8-9 gigs of images that have been uploaded with BP Gallery. Site is suffering at the moment as one of the WordPress/Buddypress updates a while back broke BP Gallery. Found this out on my test build so have been unable to update main site for a long time now as users will lose their pics.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #916

Hi,
    The current version of BP Gallery is compatible with BuddyPress 2.3. It seems you are on an older release.

Thank you for letting me know about the data. We don’t need to move them, so not a big deal, I guess there have been some good number of activities. Will keep that in mind while writing the importer.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    lovemonk on #943

When did BP Gallery last get updated? I’ll be open with you, I’m loathe to pay again for BP Gallery when Mediapress is just around the corner. Not much funds available in the community.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #944

Hey,
    It was updated last April 2014.
    No worries about the cost for BP Gallery anymore. Please drop me a mail via contact from and will send you a copy.

PS: will be away for couple of hours, so will send a copy when back to my desk.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved