- Marc Capulong on October 30, 2016 at 2:36 am #6187
I think it’s good to have the BP Member Types plugin to allow multiple types for each member.
Is it possible?
- Brajesh Singh on October 30, 2016 at 9:24 pm #6192
BuddyPress allows users to have multiple Member types but the management interface is not yet appropriate for that.
The BP Member Types Generator plugin does not manage adding member type to user. It simply manages registering the member type.
If you are using our BuddyPress Member Type Xprofile Field plugin, Then you can certainly ask it to use checkboxes at registration.
Please see this
Hope that helps.
- Marc Capulong on October 31, 2016 at 1:36 am #6195
Yes, I’m already using the BuddyPress Xprofile Member Type Field plugin. Can I ask how to make it use checkboxes at registration? Currently, there’s no option for that.
- Brajesh Singh on October 31, 2016 at 4:20 am #6196
Please put this line in your bp-custom.php
add_filter( 'bd_xprofile_field_type_membertype_as_radio', '__return_true');
We have it mentioned on the page, It seems you skipped it somehow.
In future, we will allow it from the xprofile field create/edit page too.
- Marc Capulong on October 31, 2016 at 4:25 am #6197
I’ve seen this on the page but this is radiobox, not checkbox. I need checkbox to be able to select multiple types in one user.
- Brajesh Singh on October 31, 2016 at 4:32 am #6198
My apologies. I just missed it. I see you are looking for multi fields. Please give me a day and I will update the plugin.
- Marc Capulong on October 31, 2016 at 4:36 am #6199
It’s ok. I look forward to it. Thank you so much!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.