BuddyDev

Search

BP Member Type Pro – XProfile conditionals fields ON PROFILE

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Joss Luberia on #20742

Hi Brajesh,

Conditionnal’s XProfile fields works fine on register page, but now User/Member can edit in their profile all XProfile fields.

How can I delete fields that have nothing to display with a member type profile ?

Thanks,
    Joss

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20743

Hi Joss,
    Thank you for posting.

The condition field should limit the editing to only associated fields. Can you please check if you have allowed users to change their member type?

If the field controlling the condition is changeable then the users can edit other fields. In the profile field create/edit screen, member type field have the option to be marked as non editable.

There is another approach too, Please let me know if this works or not?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Joss Luberia on #20751

Hi Brajesh,

It’s don’t work…

I don’t allowed users to change their member type after registration.

Thanks for your help,
    Joss

• Participant
    Joss Luberia on #20752

Brajesh,

I have another issue : when I choose “gardien” member type, submit button don’t work, do you know why ?
    See at : https://www.partagemon4pattes.com/inscription/

Thanks,
    Joss

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20754

Hi Joss,
    Thank you for trying the approach.

For the issue of not submitting:- You can not hide a field marked as required. If you do, the browser will not allow submitting the form.

It seems to me you are marking a field as required and have put visibility condition on it.

For the original issue, Please allow me 24 hours. I am looking into it and finding a proper solution for conditional BuddyPress registration based on member type. I am not sure if we can do that or not as it is controlled by BuddyPress(not the member types plugin).

I will post back after looking into it a bit more.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Joss Luberia on #20763

Thank you Barjesh for your help !

It works when I don’t make required fields on conditinals fields.

For the original issue, I can display or not field with CSS, what do you think about this solution ?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20771

Hi Joss,
    Thank you.

For the registration vs edit, I have found a great solution and I will need some time to implement it.
    There are two options for now

1. Using Conditional profile field + BP Member Type Pro and disable conditional profile field on edit screen. In this case, We will need to mark all fields as their member type and use conditions as we do.

2. Implement registration conditions in Member Types plugin. There will be no need to set any condition or use the conditional plugin. You will mark a field available as you do currently(to certain member types). The plugin will take care of the rest.

Both this approach will have some issues with popup registrations forms but will work great for normal BuddyPress.

For the second approach I am going to need some time. I can share quick snippets for the first approach though.

Please let me know if you want to go with the first approach for now.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Joss Luberia on #20776

Hi Brajesh,

I used css code to not display some field, and it works very fine.

In the furture, if you make an update of your plugin with solution n°2, please let me know, I think is the better way.

Thank you very much for your help,
    Regards,
    Joss

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20782

Thank you Joss.
    I will have it early next week. Will reply back here again.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved