Hope you’re doing well
It appears the latest updates to the plugins/Buddypress has made “BP Members With Uploaded Avatars Widget” no longer show members anymore – I’m still trying to troubleshoot this but wanted you to know in advance. It seems to have been working until the latest updates.
Hope this can still work with the latest updates.
I have tested it and it is working.
There was a bug when no members had uploaded avatar, It was showing a db error(due to BP_User_Query not understanding the empty array).
I have fixed that too.
It is possible that a plugin filtering on bp_after_has_members_parse_args or bp user query can cause this. Please check.
Good news! Your latest update now works!
The only feature not working for me is if I choose “Use members loop from theme for listing?”
If this check is turned off, it works great. If turned on, it stops working.
Would you have any clues to where I should look to add/remove/update code for the theme’s member loop?
Thank you for the update.
I am sorry but due to use of the custom code, you won’t be able to use theme template.
The theme template uses bp_has_members() and that will be affected by the custom code used to modify members loop.
The default is working, because it does not uses bp_has_members() loop.
At the moment, since the filter bp_after_has_members_parse_args is not aware of the context, we are unable to filter it for one loop and not for another.
Please use the default listing to keep it working.
Oh I see… Thanks for your time and help on this.
Just to confirm:
1. this was working before with custom themes but due to recent changes with Buddypress, this no longer works
2. however if I use stock Buddypress without a custom theme, it should work
1. is there any way for me to edit the loop within the plugin so that it can show specific details of each member such as Name and certain custom fields? Your member
2. could it call a different loop somehow to show the extra details? (name, office, custom)
3. currently it only shows the photo and would be great if we could add the option of showing a few extra fields
- This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by xmginc.
I am sorry, the option “Use members loop from theme for listing?” will not work, no matter which theme you use or template pack you use.
The reason is you have custom filters on members loop and our loop gets affected by that.
The solution is to differentiate between these two loops.
A probable solution will be to create a copy of members-loop.php in buddypress/members in the theme and pass some “context=>avatar-widget” and then the original role based filter code, we will return the args if this context is found.
If you are comfortable with it, Please do let me know.
The topic ‘ [Resolved] BP Members With Uploaded Avatars Widget no longer showing members’ is closed to new replies.