BuddyDev

Search

BP not sending out activation Email with new user registration

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Daniel on #30125

Hi,

I was using the BP autmatic activate plugin with BP but there are now some bots creating every day new user accounts. I have now disabled this plugin for this reason.

After testing, I see that in Post SMTP plugin it says that the activation email has been sent but the email doesn’t arrive.

Would it be possible to assist on this matter?

Many thaks.

Regards
    Daniel

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    SumitKSharma on #30126

Use WP MAIL SMTP Plugin

• Participant
    Daniel on #30127

@ Sharma, I’m not sure…

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30155

Hi Daniel,
    Email deliverability depends on a lot of factors. I am aware of the BuddyPress emails not being sent by some of the server. The plugin BP Auto Activate Auto Login was developed as a result of that issue.

I will suggest checking with your hosting provider the email logs and debugging it. It is most probably specific to your hosting provide(Unless emails are going to spam).

Another option is to a use a 3rd party email service like SES or the SMTP plugin suggested above. That can help resolve it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Daniel on #30307

Thanks Brajesh for your good feedback.

For me Post SMTP is the best, I never had any issues, it sends all emails instantly everywhere. It must have a specific reason why only the register emails don’t go out. I will leave the Auto Activate plugin where it is for the moment.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Daniel

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30322

Hi Daniel,
    Thank you for the reply.

Since there are too many option when it comes to selecting a SMTP transport plugin for WordPress, It comes down to personal choices. For example, I like Easy WP SMTP for its simple choices.

Any plugin that works for you and you are comfortable is good.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘BP not sending out activation Email with new user registration’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: not resolved