BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Bp-notify-post-author-blog-comment throwing serious errors

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Siyah on #6670

Hi guys,

I have a big problem with this beautiful plugin. It keeps throwing these errors:

[You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ” at line 1]

Notice: wpdb::prepare was called incorrectly. The query argument of wpdb::prepare() must have a placeholder. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.9.0.) in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3996

WordPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ” at line 1]

• Participant
    Siyah on #6671

@Brajesh: I see that you are doing a wonderful job with your support. Hope you can help me.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6672

Hi Siyah,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.

Which version of the plugin and WordPress/BuddyPress are you using? We do not do any direct database call in this plugin.

https://github.com/buddydev/bp-notify-post-author-on-blog-comment/blob/master/bp-blog-comment-notifier.php

I tested 1.0.3 with WordPress 4.6.1 & BuddyPress 2.7.2 and I don’t see any issue. Is there a way to reproduce it? It is possible that some of the BuddyPress notification function we are using is throwing the notice. Can you p-lease check and provide me the query it is giving or anything else?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Siyah on #6689

Thanks for your answer. I am using MAMP / localhost, so it’s not a live server. Using WordPress 4.6.1 and Buddypress 2.7.2

Beside that, I am using these these plugins:

BuddyPress Activity Comment Notifier
    Version 1.1.4 | By Brajesh Singh | View details

BuddyPress Notifications Widget
    Version 1.1.2 | By Brajesh Singh | View details

BuddyPress Notify Post Author on Blog Comment
    Version 1.0.3 | By BuddyDev Team | Visit plugin site

Is it because localhost or so?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6693

Hi Siyah,
    Thank you for the details.
    No, It is not caused by your environment. It is caused by one of the above plugins most probably. I am looking at it and will let you know soon.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Siyah on #6701

You are a hero! Thanks man, I appecriate it. Let me know…

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6754

Hi Siyah,
    Updating again.
    I did notice the error on single post page. I am sorry I had missed it. It was a bug. I am updating the plugin in next few minutes and will be posting back.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6760

Hi,
    Please upgrade to 1.0.4 of the plugin. It fixes the issue.

https://buddydev.com/plugins/bp-notify-post-author-blog-comment/

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Siyah on #6762

Man oh man, you are a lifesaver! Thank you very much man! Appreciated it a lot!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6775

Thank you. I am glad I was able to help 🙂

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Bp-notify-post-author-blog-comment throwing serious errors’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved