BuddyDev

Search

BP Poke – Some comments

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Venutius on #6424

I’ve just reviewing BP Poke and there’s a couple of suggestions I’d like to make:

1. Add a poke count to the Poke page display.

2. Make the Pokes page more visible – add it into the Activity section of the BuddyPress drop down menu.

3. Make poking into a game – this is an off the wall suggestion but you could have a “Poke wars” option where contests can last 10 mins, 1 hour, 2 weeks etc. and the simple object of the game is to be the last person to have poked the other person before the time runs out. on it’s own this does not work as there needs to be some jeopardy involved and I suggest players should throw dice at each other to show who has the right to be top poke for the next minute.10 minutes etc. It could be the BP Christmas game of 2016!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6425

Hi George,
    Thank you for reviewing and suggestions.

1. The problem is adding the poke count in the sub nav menu will loook bad. Do you have any suggestions where to add that?
    2. Sorry but that is not feasible. pokes are private to the user involved. It is not an activity view able by the site members and that’s why it is not part of the activity.

3. Thank you. These are good ideas but I am sorry that will be way beyond this plugin. It’s a tiny plugin and these features may be good for some other plugin.

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Christopher Niedzwiecki on #6473

The only suggestion I have for the poke is when you are on the page that has all your pokes. I think it should be ajax because if you poke one person then it takes you off that page.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6499

Thank you.
    That makes sense. We will put it in our list 🙂

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Carsten on #27725

Hello everyone. 🙂

A few features and wishes, regarding the poke plugin:

1. I would be great if it displayed the avatar with name, instead of just text.
    2. Show who you already poked and who poked you. In a list/table, on the poke page!
    3. Be able to remove a poke, delete it or reject it.

Because, it’s like the never ending story – you can actually poke to the end of time.
    Cause every time you poke back. It says, X send you a poke. Poke back.
    There is no way of removing the poke back or sending a thank you for the poke..etc.

So if you don’t send a poke back. The notification will still be there – on your poke page. So it would be great again, if there were an option. To delete or marked it as read or even a thank you for the poke. But still be listed as, send a poke back, you have poked X or you have already poked X ones..etc.

A way to see how many times you poke, how many members you have poked and how many times you poked this member, etc. Some way of keeping a track on the pokes given, received and maybe also a live notification. When a poke is received or send!

About me:
    I have changed the poke into – send a smile and changed the poke icon into a heart. (I have a dating site)
    I don’t use the BuddyPress action buttons. I have icon buttons on the members profile picture.
    So if I visit someones profile, I’m not able to see, if I already poked this member or not.
    I have the latest poke version installed! BuddyPress 5.0+

Note: On the poke page. I only see the pokes received. When I poked back. No history is shown. Only the “nothing to be seen” notification.

Thank you for your time.

Best regards Carsten.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27735

Hi Carsten,
    thank you for the feedback.

Please create a new topic to share your ideas or questions. Existing old topics should be left as they are.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Carsten on #27743

Hi Brajesh.

I understand, thanks 🙂

Best regards Carsten.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27748

Thank you. I sincerely appreciate it.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘BP Poke – Some comments’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: not resolved