BuddyDev

Search

BP Profile Visibility Manager Problem with messaging

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Michael Cary on #36239

Buddypress 7.1.0 and Nouveau. We also have the Divi theme running on our site, if that makes any difference. I am happy to try deactivating the plugin to test, however, when I reactivate it, will my members settings still be in place, i.e. those who are not displayed in member directory will not lose those settings?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #36262

Hi Michael,
    Thank you.

deactivating and reactivating the plugin will not cause any loss of settings. Please do give that a try.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Michael Cary on #36267

I deactivated the plugin, and confirmed that I do see my “friend” in autocomplete To field, who has profile marked so they’re not listed in the member directory. Then when I activate plugin again, and try to send my friend a message, I do not see their name in autocomplete. Just a reminder, I have the Better Messages plugin installed – not sure if that makes a difference in the fix you need to make.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #36268

Hi Michael,
    Thank you.

Yes, that makes sense.

The better message plugin does not seem to use core BuddyPress completion function. It seems they have their own implementation. My last update fixes it for BuddyPress messages compose screen.

We can check the compatibility with Better Message plugin but it will take some time(I will ask one my colleagues to check in the day and provide a time estimate).

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved